Want some one-on-one help?
Here's where you can find help right now.
Mindquip doesn't provide one-on-one help, but here are some phone numbers you can call if you live in New Zealand:
- Lifeline (open 24/7) - 0800 543 354
- Depression Helpline (open 24/7) - 0800 111 757
- Healthline (open 24/7) - 0800 611 116
- Samaritans (open 24/7) - 0800 726 666
- Suicide Crisis Helpline (open 24/7) - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This service is for people who may be thinking about suicide, or people who are concerned about family or friends.
- Youthline (open 24/7) - 0800 376 633. You can also text 234 for free between 8am and midnight, or email email@example.com
- 0800 WHATSUP children's helpline - 0800 9428 787. This service is available between 1pm and 10pm on weekdays and from 3pm to 10pm on weekends. You can also speak online between 7pm and 10pm every day at www.whatsup.co.nz.
- Kidsline (open 24/7) - 0800 543 754. This service is for children aged from 5 to 18. You can ring between 4pm and 9pm on weekdays to speak with a Kidsline buddy, who are specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.
- Your local Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP)
- Alcohol Drug Helpline (open 24/7) - 0800 787 797. You can also text 8691 for free.
If you'd like to talk with a registered psychologist, you can ask your G.P. (or other health professional) for a referral. Or, to find one yourself, try these sites: